Mock Boards

Hello my sparkly smiling friends! Well, since I didn't post my Saturday Smiles post last week,  I decided to do it this week during my day off on a Friday while studying for mock boards that is happening a week from today. Pretty crazy right? While I've been studying, I needed a break and wanted to post a little something on how I prepared for this excruciating exam. Before our 3rd semester ended, they gave us our schedule for our 4th and told us that we will be taking a mock of what national boards would be like. Since I am a stress-freak, I decided to enjoy my winter break but also figured out how to study for them. I have a lot of boards materials that I received from my senior and dental hygiene friends and I felt a bit overwhelmed. However, I mapped what I was going to use and asked some tips and advices from all of them to see what worked for them. I decided to study Cindy Powell and Kaplan for the month of January (spending at least 30 mins to an hour each night) and also did a little bit of Hygiene Decks wherever I went. It started pretty rough coz I had to balance both my school work and preparing for mock. When February rolled, I only had a month left so I decided to just stick with CP since it was a summarized version.

And here I am today, exactly 1 week from today is Mock and still feeling unprepared. Sigh! Oh and di did I mention that we are also doing "Give Kids a Smile" tomorrow? I'll totally post about it. I feel like I'm running out of time to study... But it's ok! It made me feel better when some of my friends told me they failed mock but got a 100% on the actual National Boards. So really, I'm not completely too bummed that I'm running out of time. I just have to plug through and keep going at it. I still have a week anyway, right? I just keep telling myself that it'll be ok in the end.

Down below are some pictures of the boards materials that I have.. If you are using any of them right now and feel like it's working for you, share your thoughts and comments below. I'd love to hear any ideas. Oh and I even found a link on how to prepare for boards. On my "Helpful Links" in the home page, there is a link that says "How to Prepare for Boards." Check it out and let me know what you think.


Picture of all my boards materials... overwhelming right?!!! 

My countdown app! LOL (it reminds me every week) 

Cindy Powell and Kaplan.. I even the tabs on the Kaplan when I was bored during winter break to see how many chapters I have to go through.. (yes, during my free time I do something related to school. I'm crazy!) 



Anyway, have a great weekend and keep smiling!

Love, Roxanne

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Hygiene Strong

Hygiene Strong

About

This blog is about my life as a dental hygiene student and future RDH. The title says it all because I won't just be posting about dental hygiene but all sorts of info from what's going on with my daily life as a hygiene student to daily happenings and on tips on how to survive hygiene school if any of you are interested in doing it someday. Also, I will be blogging about any topics related to dentistry and how to improve your oral hygiene. Join me on this journey and together we will be spreading bright and sparkly teeth all around. Thanks for dropping by!

Graduation Countdown

Daisypath Graduation tickers